Best Ways To Make Your Pup Feel Loved Everyday!
Dogs spoil us; they give us unconditional love, affection and comfort. Their support has been proven to reduce stress, anxiety, depression and loneliness in their owners! But, have you ever wondered if your dog feels your love back? Or how to make them know how much you appreciate them?
Spending quality time with your pup is one of the best ways to let them know you cherish them, and can form a stronger bond between you both! As this connection grows stronger, it can positively affect your mental health, and it teaches your pup that they are loved and safe with you. Read on below for some of our best dog-tested ways to get in quality time with your pup and make them your fur-ever friend -
Stimulate Your Pup - A Working Dog Is A Happy Dog!
- Taking them to the park or on a walk - this can allow them to let out their energy, as well as discover new smells, sights and sounds!
- Socializing them with other dogs - a great skill for all dogs!
- Playing games with them indoors - If it’s too cold outside, or you don’t have time to take your pup outside, games inside are a great way to keep them entertained. Try to switch up the activities and games you play with them so that they don’t get bored.
- Teaching them new tricks - challenge them by switching it up. Training your dog for dinner once or twice a week will quickly make them the smartest pooch around!
- Rotating their toys - just like humans, dogs like to play with different toys. As opposed to leaving them out all day, try storing them away in a closet so your pup will get excited to see what you pull out next!
- Introducing them to enrichment activities - enrichment activities can include using food puzzles or hiding treats for scent games.
Treat Yo’ Pup - Because Who Doesn’t Love To Be Spoiled?!
Talk To Your Pup - You’re Not Quirky, It's Good For Them!
At Portland Pet Food Company we make healthy, fresh meal toppers to spice up your dog’s bowl, or to entice the pickiest of eaters to enjoy dinnertime. If purchasing a safe chicken broth is intimidating to you, simply pick up one of our five human-grade dog food toppers and use that instead! We promise, your dog’s tail will be wagging no matter which one you pick up! Then, once you know that your dog loves our products, sign up for our dog food toppers subscription service for easy ordering, free shipping on orders over $40, discounts, and to make your dog the happiest on the block!
About Adoption Cat Nutrition Cat Toppers cats community Dog Activities Dog Allergies Dog Enrichment Dog Love Dog Nutrition Dog Safety dog treats Dog-Friendly Fall Holidays Human Grade Food News Partnerships Pet Tips Picky Cat Picky Dogs Portland Resources Senior Dogs Summer Sustainability Training Winter